Wednesday, June 30, 2004

WWDC Reactions

For those that haven't seen it, go see the preview of Mac OS X Tiger right now because that's what I'm talking about.

So I'm here at WWDC and I'm hearing all about Tiger. I've already gotten some questions about MacJournal's support for some of the new features. It's reasonable to assume that a lot of these features will be making it into MacJournal in the future. Tiger doesn't come out until next year, so I have some time to get up to speed on it. In particular, I'm looking at Spotlight to supplement MacJournal's searching abilities. I was looking at some Panther-only searching technology before WWDC, so I'll have to see how this fits in with that now. Another goodie is the Sync framework that is new in Tiger. I've gotten a lot of requests for iSync-like syncing of MacJournal data between multiple computers. Now, with this new technology it can be integrated into the same place that everything else is, which is huge. There's also Automator, which is a new kind of drag-and-drop scripting application. I'll have to see what kind of support MacJournal can offer for this new application. I never did get AppleScript worked in, but I'll see what I can do about both of them at the same time perhaps. There's also Core Image, but I don't think MacJournal needs a ripple transition run entirely in the graphics card in between entries. :-)